Arcadia versus Northeastern

Started by GK217
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GK217

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently put down a deposit to Arcadia, but just found out I got into my top choice Northeastern. I think Arcadia is the better school, but Boston has more opportunities. Anyone have any advice?
 
I don't know anything about Northeastern, but I visited Arcadia and I learned that their curriculum is not traditional and I did not think this would work for my personal learning style. Also, Arcadia University is located in a very quiet suburb, not actually in Philadelphia. The campus is very small and it is for both grad students and undergrads. It is a highly ranked program and I sat in on a lab and the professors seemed extremely knowledgeable and nice. You can message me if you want more details about what I learned on my visit. Hope this helps with your comparison.
 
Arcadia is only 30 minutes from the city. There is a local train station that will take you directly to center city, which is only a mile from the school. I actually go there now so you can always PM me and I can try to explain further to help your decision!

& Philadelphia has more than 5 major hospital systems (Temple, Drexel, UPenn, Jefferson...) in the area so there are MANY opportunities here, too! This place is RICH in healthcare services.