Are any of these schools strong in radiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superdevil

planning my escape
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everybody.

i'll be going to med school in the fall and rads is one of the few specialties that's already caught my eye. the schools i've narrowed my choices down to are: dartmouth, wake forest, ohio state, and case western. i'm still waiting on post-interview decisions from yale and washu, but don't realistically expect to be accepted to either. so, are any of the 4 schools previously mentioned particularly strong in radiology?

also, what kind of radiology research is there that a med student could be involved in? lastly, would getting a dual degree of some sort (even if its an MPH or MBA) help at all in matching in rads? any other advice you ladies and gents could give is highly appreciated.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wake and WashU are the strongest of the programs you have listed. Then probably Yale. I wouldnt worry about that too much at this point though. Work on crushing Step 1. If you do that you can go to a residency at one of the top programs.

As for research... most of it will likely be chart reviews. Looking at specific findings and correlating that to outcomes etc. Just ask around in the department when you get there.

Just pick the school where you think you'll be the happiest. My advice is that location should play a very big roll in that decision.

Lots of things will change between now and when you're interviewing for residency so, although I appreciate your looking to the future, I wouldn't worry about it right now.