You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Are cadavers exclusive to ....
Started by G0dFather
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not true. But since these are all medical schools majority of cadaveric dissections are carried out in these schools.Hey everybody... I heard that only allopathic, osteopathic, and podiatry schools are the only schools that actually dissect cadavers is that true ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not true. But since these are all medical schools majority of cadaveric dissections are carried out in these schools.
if its not true then who else dissects other than these schools?
if its not true then who else dissects other than these schools?
Physical anthropologists dissect human cadavers in PhD programs (I would assume in MA programs as well). They also dissect various prosimians, old world and new world monkeys, lesser apes, and greater apes (comparative primate anatomy)! I wish I could do that on the side here at pod school!
If anthropologists do it, I can say with certainty that various biological science disciplines will dissect human cadavers as well...
Some dental students do. My cousin at Univ. of Oklahoma is doing it right now.
o true forgot about dental schools..... so not all of them?
I know PT programs and a few undergraduate institutions that dissect cadavers (they were in pretty large groups like 10).
Temple Med gets 1/2 of a body and the PT students get the other 1/2. They dissect on alternate days.
if its not true then who else dissects other than these schools?
We dissected a cadaver in undergrad in our human anatomy class.
We dissected a cadaver in undergrad in our human anatomy class.
How about graduate schools like neuroscience, physiology ect...?
They do too, unless the biomedical graduate programs lack the resources and/or cannot afford a cadaver or one isn't required.How about graduate schools like neuroscience, physiology ect...?
Temple Med gets 1/2 of a body and the PT students get the other 1/2. They dissect on alternate days.
Are you talkin Temple med/PT or Temple pod-med/PT? I am going to TUSPM in the fall and I am interested.
thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you talkin Temple med/PT or Temple pod-med/PT? I am going to TUSPM in the fall and I am interested.
thanks.
med/PT
We had dissected cadavers in my gross anatomy lab during undergrad. This was for an athletic training program.
Similar threads
- Locked
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 5K