Are combined courses seen the same as separate classes?

Started by Bdtran
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bdtran

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So initially I had taken anatomy and physiology as separate classes but got a c in both and wanted to repeat them. My concern is that this time around I took A&P I/II as a combined course sequence instead. Will schools see that as an acceptable replacement for the separate anatomy and physiology classes taken earlier or will they be seen as separate classes altogether?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
You may be able to find this information out about specific schools on PTCAS. For a given prerequisite, it should tell you which type of courses count for that prerequisite. Do look for schools that accept anatomy, physiology, A&P 1, A&P 2. My school would count them as equivalent courses. If anything is not clear, I would recommend contacting the specific school.