Are Distance Learning Programs a disadvantage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuckBALady

DO Hopeful Mom
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how DO schools view accredited distance learning classes or degrees? I'm currently a military spouse stationed in Guam and the only way I can attend science classes are through distance learning. I will soon have my bachelors degree from Mountain State University in West Virginia (online) and was considering a masters program online since I don't know where we will be stationed next..I'm considering Illinois Institute of Technology Master of Biology or Master of Science in Biology. Any suggestions? Should I just wait to see where we are headed first? Should I go ahead and take the MCAT or take the GRE to get into graduate school. Will most schools take the MCAT score in leu of GRE? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

LuckBALady said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how DO schools view accredited distance learning classes or degrees? I'm currently a military spouse stationed in Guam and the only way I can attend science classes are through distance learning. I will soon have my bachelors degree from Mountain State University in West Virginia (online) and was considering a masters program online since I don't know where we will be stationed next..I'm considering Illinois Institute of Technology Master of Biology or Master of Science in Biology. Any suggestions? Should I just wait to see where we are headed first? Should I go ahead and take the MCAT or take the GRE to get into graduate school. Will most schools take the MCAT score in leu of GRE? Thanks.

MCAT for med school & GRE for grad school

Take both if you are applying to both

I'm doing an online program and I would think it shows that you have discipline, but I cannot confirm or deny it. :)

It's time consuming b/c you have to take all of your notes from texts, at least if you get all the details. My instructors tend to test on every little minutia. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
dpw68 said:
I'm doing an online program and I would think it shows that you have discipline, but I cannot confirm or deny it. :)

It's time consuming b/c you have to take all of your notes from texts, at least if you get all the details. My instructors tend to test on every little minutia. :smuggrin:

Thanks for your input. What online program are you attending and at what school? (If you don't mind me asking) I'm always looking for different schools that I can attend online. I'm only familiar with a couple of schools that offer online programs.