Are half white and half URM applicants considered URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brinedandgrilled

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you can mark as many options as you want, but I'm wondering how your check marks are interpreted by admission committees. I'm half white and half black, so if I mark both (as opposed to just black), am I going to be considered URM by schools or not?

Members don't see this ad.

I know you can mark as many options as you want, but I'm wondering how your check marks are interpreted by admission committees. I'm half white and half black, so if I mark both (as opposed to just black), am I going to be considered URM by schools or not?

That's a good question...maybe ask your pre-med/dental advisor at your undergrad?

Yeah you're still URM

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it depends how you identify yourself, whether you have a relationship or have done work with that side, and sadly how others identify you can be a big factor

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

One-drop rule, right? Stick it to the Man. lol jk

But seriously, it's like @Upstage said, it's more so about how you identify, the work that you've done, and how others perceive you...

Reactions: 1 user
One-drop rule, right? Stick it to the Man. lol jk

But seriously, it's like @Upstage said, it's more so about how you identify, the work that you've done, and how others perceive you...

Lol i think i know exactly who you are @teeayejay , you're the man.

I need to run a geneology test and mark all the boxes