Are her STAT's good enough for guaranteed pharmacy seat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnsonG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could really use some help and advise for my daughter. She is a Sr. in a very small high school. GPA 4.1 weighted- #1 in her class- SATs 1230 Math Verbal-1800 total. She is in National Honor Society- 4 yrs Varsity Softball- -4 Years Varsity Basketball- 2 years Cross country- Class Secretary- Student Government and Students against destructive decisions. She is also on a Travel Softball team and has a job. She has applied at the University of Pitt for Pharmacy but did not get a guaranteed Pharmacy seat. She has applied at Wilkes, and got in and she is going through the process of trying to get a guaranteed seat. She has applied at the University of Sciences but has not heard back and will be applying at Duquesne. She really wanted to go to Pitt- what are her chances of getting into their Pharm D program when she is a sophomore? Are her stat's good enough to get her a gauranteed seat in Wilkes? She shadowed a Pharmacist and really liked it. What are your thoughts about her giving up the school she wants to go to versus a school that (hopefully) she would get a guaranteed seat?

Members don't see this ad.

great stats, I'm sure she'll have no problem getting into any program, assuming she maintains those types of grades as an undergraduate.

My suggestion, however, would be to apply directly to a dual admissions program (2+4 or 0+6) so that she is guaranteed her place from day 1. *2+4 means 2 yrs undergrad plus the 4 of pharmacy, while 0+6 means doing 6 full years of pharmacy +undergrad at the same time. It's better than having to do prerequisites first then applying to a pharmacy school.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I really hope she gets the guaranteed for Wilkes. If she does she will have some hard decisions to make though. Thanks again!