Are interviews 1 on 1 or multiple people on one?

Started by LebLlama
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends, even at one school. Often, if you interview early, the adcoms will be training new interviewers, so you'll have two people sitting in to interview you, but generally only one will ask the questions. At least, that's been my experience at two schools. The other places, it's all been one-on-one, but I know some schools do panel interviews.
 
And some schools, like Northwestern, do group interviews. Mine was 3 on 3.
 
Almost all mine were 1-on-1. One of my interviews, two people interviewd me at the same time.
 
I've had panel 3-1 but most were multiple 1-1 interviews per school. By multiple, I mean maximum two or three.