Are interviews really a good indication?

Started by ak714251
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ak714251

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Do you all think that having had a lot of interviews before the Dec. 1st date is really a good indication of where you stand (ie, lots of acceptances to come)?

I mean, yes, it does mean that you are a competitive candidate, but from what I've been reading on these boards, many of you feel that for those who have had many interviews, acceptances are a shoe in...

What's everyones take?
 
Hey guys,

Do you all think that having had a lot of interviews before the Dec. 1st date is really a good indication of where you stand (ie, lots of acceptances to come)?

I mean, yes, it does mean that you are a competitive candidate, but from what I've been reading on these boards, many of you feel that for those who have had many interviews, acceptances are a shoe in...

What's everyones take?

for my sake i sure hope so...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If an individual received many pre-December interview invites in comparison to the number of schools he/she applied to, I would say that this person probably has a higher chance of getting accepted in comparison to someone who applied to 50 schools and got 1 interview (just an extreme case).

After all, getting invited for an interview indicates that you have qualities that the school liked.

But then, I have a friend who applied to 7 schools and got interviewed at 4 of them but didn't get into a single one (he was waitlisted at 1). So, I guess you can never be a shoe-in (maybe if you have good GPAs, DAT scores, extracurricular activities, community service experiences, and dental experiences?? I don't know 😉).

Hey guys,

Do you all think that having had a lot of interviews before the Dec. 1st date is really a good indication of where you stand (ie, lots of acceptances to come)?

I mean, yes, it does mean that you are a competitive candidate, but from what I've been reading on these boards, many of you feel that for those who have had many interviews, acceptances are a shoe in...

What's everyones take?
 
I have met many people at interviews who seem very timid and nervous and lacked some conversational skills/really boring conversations/dull. I felt really good after many of my interviews and hopefully Fri/Sat will be good days. Having 4 interviews total....is not that many, i mean 4 pre december interviews should get you in somewhere. BUT, if you calculate out some basic odds of not getting in anywhere with 4 interviews IT IS not like crazy odds like winning the lottery. I mean, say you have borderline grades, you have no skills at an interview, I mean what do you expect? If you can not communicate to others in person then it will be tough to be a dentist.
 
Hey guys,

Do you all think that having had a lot of interviews before the Dec. 1st date is really a good indication of where you stand (ie, lots of acceptances to come)?

I mean, yes, it does mean that you are a competitive candidate, but from what I've been reading on these boards, many of you feel that for those who have had many interviews, acceptances are a shoe in...

What's everyones take?

If you think about, interviews are the ONLY indication of where you stand!

Lots of interviews = lots of potential acceptances 👍👍👍

No interviews = 🙁🙁🙁🙁
 
Hey guys,

Do you all think that having had a lot of interviews before the Dec. 1st date is really a good indication of where you stand (ie, lots of acceptances to come)?

I mean, yes, it does mean that you are a competitive candidate, but from what I've been reading on these boards, many of you feel that for those who have had many interviews, acceptances are a shoe in...

What's everyones take?

Before december 1st, interviews are the best things you can get...