Are my DAT Scores satisfactory?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gojets64

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT this morning and this is how it turned out:

Perceptual Ability: 18
Quantitative Reasoning: 19
Reading Comprehension: 28
Biology: 24
General Chemistry: 20
Organic Chemistry: 19
Total Science: 21
Academic Average: 22

My AA and TS are both 1-2 points above average at all 3 dental schools I hope to apply to (the Texas schools). My GPA is also very competitive at 3.83. The only problem is that my PAT score was pretty mediocre. Given my GPA and the fact that my other scores are solid, should I retake the DAT, or am I good to go for applications in the spring?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I took my DAT this morning and this is how it turned out:

Perceptual Ability: 18
Quantitative Reasoning: 19
Reading Comprehension: 28
Biology: 24
General Chemistry: 20
Organic Chemistry: 19
Total Science: 21
Academic Average: 22

My AA and TS are both 1-2 points above average at all 3 dental schools I hope to apply to (the Texas schools). My GPA is also very competitive at 3.83. The only problem is that my PAT score was pretty mediocre. Given my GPA and the fact that my other scores are solid, should I retake the DAT, or am I good to go for applications in the spring?
:soexcited:Congratulations! Excellent scores, unless you are applying to a school that demands a higher PAT score I would not retake. That 28 in reading is much more important than your PAT score. You have a fantastic GPA which shows you are a great student. I see no reason you would not get an interview and acceptance at a Texas school, but I always advise a phone call to the school to discuss your situation.

Last edited: