alpacalover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't exactly have a question but I was just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry HAHAHHA I messed up is there a way to delete this lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, your start are.
Yes my title was originally supposed to say "are my stats good enough for uop's dental program?"

GPA: 3.83 UW/4.17W
SAT: 2120 MAth-780 CR-680 W-660
subject tests: Math II, US history (scores not available yet)

I have a variety of EC that I think are really good but won't be necessary to list them all here

I've been job shadowing at a dentist's office for awhile (planning to go into dentistry)
What I'm worried about is my gap and grades I have four B's in high school including the class I'm taking right now at a community college as a concurrent enrollment but unless I get a hundred on tomorrow's test it's likely I won't get an a in that class

Anyway, has anybody gotten into UoP with similar stats as me

Are you referring to the 2+3 program described here? They state they want a 3.70 and 1350, you clear both of those easily at 3.83 and 1460, so I doubt stats would prevent you getting in.

You can also enroll at UoP the normal way (you'd certainly get in) and then do 3+3.

Why the desire to do one of these programs though, instead of the usual route of college -> dental? Just for security?

Are you referring to the 2+3 program described here? They state they want a 3.70 and 1350, you clear both of those easily at 3.83 and 1460, so I doubt stats would prevent you getting in.

You can also enroll at UoP the normal way (you'd certainly get in) and then do 3+3.

Why the desire to do one of these programs though, instead of the usual route of college -> dental? Just for security?
Yes!! I would definitely like to start my career as young as I can! Some say that I should try to enjoy undergrad years as long as I can but I heard the same thing for high school and I'm dreading to start my senior year back in that hell hole where I spent the four years lol.

Yes!! I would definitely like to start my career as young as I can! Some say that I should try to enjoy undergrad years as long as I can but I heard the same thing for high school and I'm dreading to start my senior year back in that hell hole where I spent the four years lol.
Not saying that it would necessarily be the same for college I know but you know...
my main reason is for the feeling of security haha

Not saying that it would necessarily be the same for college I know but you know...
my main reason is for the feeling of security haha

High school and college = apples and oranges. If you feel confident about progressing quickly into your career, then by all means, apply to the program; your stats are excellent. However, undergraduate courseload (whether you're pre-med or pre-dental — I'm pre-dental myself) tends to be overwhelming, especially alongside EC's, research, shadowing, MCAT/DAT review, etc. This is why many people recommend the usual route instead of an accelerated program — so a student has time to excel while enjoying what college has to offer.

Again, this is purely your choice. I have no doubt you'll be successful either way!

Reactions: 1 user
High school and college = apples and oranges. If you feel confident about progressing quickly into your career, then by all means, apply to the program; your stats are excellent. However, undergraduate courseload (whether you're pre-med or pre-dental — I'm pre-dental myself) tends to be overwhelming, especially alongside EC's, research, shadowing, MCAT/DAT review, etc. This is why many people recommend the usual route instead of an accelerated program — so a student has time to excel while enjoying what college has to offer.

Again, this is purely your choice. I have no doubt you'll be successful either way!
So you think my B's won't be make or break in the admissions process? Because that's what I'm mostly worried about hah I mean I heard that only stellar kids get in so I'm worried..thanks for the reply!!

Some of the BS/MD programs and selective undergrads can be insane to get into, but U of P and pre-dent you can have more confidence for. You clear their recommended stats by a good amount, they won't hold you back.

Reactions: 1 users
Some of the BS/MD programs and selective undergrads can be insane to get into, but U of P and pre-dent you can have more confidence for. You clear their recommended stats by a good amount, they won't hold you back.
Thank you!

I would also advise against rushing through college though. It really is not like high school at all.

Reactions: 1 user