SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Are Northwestern and Cornell secondaries invite only like Duke's?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by GKS, Aug 12, 2001.

1. GKS

GKS New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Hey Guys and Gals,

I have been quietly viewing everyone's comments over the past 3 months and really like the atmosphere here so I decided to sign up, finally! :D Since Dr. Perez said that Duke's secondary is by invite only, I wonder if Cornell's and Northwestern's are as well. What do you folks think?

-GKS

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    CA
    Welcome! Glad to have you aboard! Invite only does not necessarily mean that they screen, I never received a letter from NW (its probably enroute via snail mail) but they have my name and info in the database. I know that duke is not screening this year and neither is NW. Cornell, I am not sure.

4. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2001
    are you sure that northwestern isn't screening? i was able to log into the application too, and i haven't received a letter yet, but maybe they were going to give me a secondary anyway. i know from the past that NU screens pretty heavily, so i would be surprised if they decided to suddenly change this.

5. MacGyver

MacGyver Banned Banned

Aug 8, 2001
    I dont think NW is screening. Their website says nothing of it, and I havent heard of a single person whose applied to NW who HAS NOT been able to log into the online secondary, regardless of whether they received the letter or not.

NW is using alternate procedures this year, so I think its very possible they might have dropped screening for the secondary, if indeed they did use it in years past.