Mar 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

I'm consistently doing well on the bootcamp generators for TFE (only getting 1 or 2 wrong every 15 questions) but every time I take one of the practice tests I get 7-9/15 for TFE. Maybe it's the time crunch or idk but any suggestions on how to well on the practice tests for TFE?!?! I have my test THIS FRIDAY and im freaking out

asdf99

5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Long story short, yes it's way easier but a great tool (if utilized properly). Here's a copy/paste of a post I made to another thread :

With regards to TFE visualizer, I see it get alot of hate. Personally, I think I got 15/15 on TFE on my real exam, and I thought the TFE visualizer was a fantastic tool. It's called a visualizer not a generator. Don't use it like the generators where you just speed through problems. Instead, use the visualizer to practice identifying unique characteristics of the object in question. Then when you think you have found everything that is possible, check the answer and compare the 3D solution to what you pictured in your mind.

If you use the TFE visualizer as a problem generator, I guarantee you will have a bad time.

This post will probably make no sense, and I apologize for that! It's just really hard to describe PAT, since it really comes down to your own strategy/practice.

Reactions: Ari Rezaei
OP
M
Mar 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Long story short, yes it's way easier but a great tool (if utilized properly). Here's a copy/paste of a post I made to another thread :

With regards to TFE visualizer, I see it get alot of hate. Personally, I think I got 15/15 on TFE on my real exam, and I thought the TFE visualizer was a fantastic tool. It's called a visualizer not a generator. Don't use it like the generators where you just speed through problems. Instead, use the visualizer to practice identifying unique characteristics of the object in question. Then when you think you have found everything that is possible, check the answer and compare the 3D solution to what you pictured in your mind.

If you use the TFE visualizer as a problem generator, I guarantee you will have a bad time.

This post will probably make no sense, and I apologize for that! It's just really hard to describe PAT, since it really comes down to your own strategy/practice.
Oooh ok! Thank you, this makes sense. I've been treating it like a generator and speeding through problems like you mentioned but this time I'll approach it as a visualizer. The 3D model does help me understand where the dotted lines go too and helps me learn how to visualize the object better in my head so i'll be spending more time on that then

asdf99

5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Oooh ok! Thank you, this makes sense. I've been treating it like a generator and speeding through problems like you mentioned but this time I'll approach it as a visualizer. The 3D model does help me understand where the dotted lines go too and helps me learn how to visualize the object better in my head so i'll be spending more time on that then
Going over bootcamp test TFE explanations is also good for teaching you how to eliminate answers and such :)

SDDDAT

Pixar Fanatic
2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2016
Somewhere in the future
Status
Pre-Dental
The bootcamp TFE generator is good for building up your speed, but ultimately, you'll still need to practice with the TFE problems in full length practice to get a senses of the difficulty of the problems on the real exam.

Also, keep in mind that the PAT is not included in the AA so if you don't do well on it, it won't affect your AA at all. Hope this alleviates some of your anxieties :)

Queen Beach

Membership Revoked
Removed
Feb 29, 2016
Paradise
Status
Pre-Dental
Yup, it sucks and everyone knows it.

Nov 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I think its overhyped, I've been using them and it did no improve my score but thats just me

Alemmy

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2015
Marietta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
I took it today and TFE has always been my best section for bootcamp and I panicked. I definitely thought it was harder. I feel like on bootcamp the shapes were easier to identify/more cubic idk but I couldn't tell what I was looking at during the exam. I got an 18 on every BC test though and got a 20 on the real thing