Are the Arizona colleges good?

Started by nysegop
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are ASU and U Arizona good? Anybody thought about applying there? Do they weed out premeds? Arizona is a nice place, so I thought about applying there.
 
I went to ASU, if you go to the honors college it is a great experience and has a lot of opportunity. They don't weed out pre-meds, but honestly I think pre-meds at all schools weed themselves out mostly. U of A is also a great choice. They have their own medical school which is nice, but then again ASU is right next to a branch of U of A med and also next to a branch of Mayo.
 
I went to ASU, if you go to the honors college it is a great experience and has a lot of opportunity. They don't weed out pre-meds, but honestly I think pre-meds at all schools weed themselves out mostly. U of A is also a great choice. They have their own medical school which is nice, but then again ASU is right next to a branch of U of A med and also next to a branch of Mayo.

Thanks, I understand many sources consider ASU a "party school" is this particular scene avoidable or does pretty much anyone experience the "party atmosphere" of the school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, I understand many sources consider ASU a "party school" is this particular scene avoidable or does pretty much anyone experience the "party atmosphere" of the school?

No one forces you to party at any school. The honors college is a great place to get a more academic experience, but it can be had regardless of where you are on campus.
 
No one forces you to party at any school. The honors college is a great place to get a more academic experience, but it can be had regardless of where you are on campus.

yeah I'd definitely second this. A lot of schools will have a lot of partiers, it's just up to you to make the choice of not partying when you have a chem test the next day 🙂