Latin America Are there any countries were a US trained doc can work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yankeedanielo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About me: US Citizen, US medschool, US residency, US fellowship, US board Certified, 4 years of experience as an attending in a US academic medical center in a surgical subspecialty.

I'm just sick of living in the US. No reason, just would like some more interesting life experience.

Does anyone know of any countries where someone with my credentials could work. I'm fine studying for exams, but I don't want to do any more residency.

I know working in other countries as a doc is highly restricted. Just figured I'd ask.
 
Well in dominican republic you can for sure. But during your first year of practice you'll make less money. So you could validate your title and get licensed here. After that then you'll make what the average GS makes but its LOT less than in the US

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to find if its is possible in México, I am mexican but want to do my residency in US, and maybe after some years come back to my country.
If I have news I will tell you. With your credentials, I think it ill be easy for you to work here, and believe me you don´t get bored of what you cand find here jeje