Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Are there any digital cameras that can do this?

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by crazy_cavalier, May 14, 2007.

1. crazy_cavalier

crazy_cavalier T3-Weighted

Resident [Any Field]
    I am contemplating a new digital camera. Ideally, it will be somewhat compact, yet have a large LCD screen and decent features. Being a pragmatic person, I think it would be neat if there were a digital camera out there that could sorta double as a portable media player. So, is there a digital camera that would let me do this: put an AVI or DivX video file on an SD card and then load the SD card in the camera and be able to watch the video playback. Additional TV out capability would be cool too.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Fuji

4. crazy_cavalier

crazy_cavalier T3-Weighted

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah nice features but the caveat is... that thing is a cheap piece of crap and probably fails in performance at everything it strives to do.

I got a nice cybershot w80 instead from office depot. Up until 6/2 you can snag one for $175. Unbeatable price for the features on this thing (including image stabilization!)

5. 16846

16846 Guest

The only trouble I have with Sony now is that they require you to use their inferior "memory turd" technology instead of the accepted standardized media.