Are there any electrical engineers here?

Started by atomi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I graduated last year with an EE degree and have some work experience and am thinking of applying to medical school. My area of study was electromagnetics and RF/comm engineering. I was wondering if there are any former engineers who went the EE->rad route. Did having an EE background help you get into rad? Do you have any regrets about leaving the EE profession and undertaking medical school? Thanks.

I am not an electrical engineer, but there are many people with engineering, physics, and math backgrounds in radiology. Your engineering degree will not get you in radiology per se, but if you meet all the other criteria, and have applied your eng. skills to some kind of research in med school, you'll be a very good candidate. I even know of people who did MD/PhD combined degrees in EE (and other engineering fields). Your field of concentration within EE is also quite conducive to MRI applications research.