are there any international trauma rotations while in residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Painter1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've heard of a johanasberg africa trauma rotation but from what i understand it's a medical student rotation. anyone know differently? anyone know of any other down-and-dirty trauma rotations for residents?

Members don't see this ad.

Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY.

It makes Johannesburg look like Club Med and fewer people there speak English if that makes you feel more international.

yea, i bet they see alot of trauma, but they have thier own residencies bumping elbows and shoulders trying to get a piece of those trauma procedures--that i can care less about doing a rotation there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY.

It makes Johannesburg look like Club Med and fewer people there speak English if that makes you feel more international.

Actually, somebody a few years' back - maybe EMedPA - posted about running trauma codes in the waiting room of LA County - USC, because it was so busy, and second only to a trauma center in Johannesburg in the world for trauma.

Actually, somebody a few years' back - maybe EMedPA - posted about running trauma codes in the waiting room of LA County - USC, because it was so busy, and second only to a trauma center in Johannesburg in the world for trauma.

even in usc's heyday, king-drew in compton across the city saw more penetrating trauma than usc, and since king-drew's phazing out, California hospital has taken over and sees more trauma than usc. usc has a million residents, medical students and residencies, so u're lucky if u get to bag-mask a trauma patient