Are there any OOS schools friendly towards Nebraska residents? 3.7 cGPA, 511 MCAT

Jan 29, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
3.7 cGPA, 511 MCAT

I was looking for some extra schools to add to my list. There are only 2 instate schools for Nebraska residents, I am applying to both.

But the majority of the schools that I match up with on MSAR are very instate friendly for residents of other states? Anybody have any tips on specific private schools I should apply to?

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Have you checked the private schools? They usually have no bias against applicants who live in a different state! For instance-Creighton that is in Nebraska. There are many other private schools who you might have success at. It might look like the schools have a bias towards IS but that's just because the school is close and lots of students always apply to schools in their own state.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
You could try these schools:
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan

iBro

5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2012
Status
Medical Student
3.7 cGPA, 511 MCAT

I was looking for some extra schools to add to my list. There are only 2 instate schools for Nebraska residents, I am applying to both.

But the majority of the schools that I match up with on MSAR are very instate friendly for residents of other states? Anybody have any tips on specific private schools I should apply to?
Make sure you're aware that Creighton isn't "in-state" in the same sense that UNMC is. Creighton has no obligation to accept Nebraskans. But UNCM accepts something like 90% in-state so you have an amazing chance.