are there any optometry residency position still openning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lxaly

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am in special program that will graduate in September.
wandering if there are any residnecy still not been filled.
I like primary care, ocular disease, retina, cornea, CL etc.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

lxaly said:
Hi, I am in special program that will graduate in September.
wandering if there are any residnecy still not been filled.
I like primary care, ocular disease, retina, cornea, CL etc.
thanks

I've heard many stories that the primary candidate at residencies have sometimes either refused to attend, didnn't pass the boards or was too sick to attend. In these cases, the person who stuck their face in front of the residency director or was on the wait list got accepted.

Go to the following website for ORMS, which does the residency matching for all optometry residencies: www.orms.org
There is a list of unmatched positions; and contact information for those programs. If you are really interested, contact them ASAP - they may still be interested and might make special arrangements for you to do a program from Sept to Sept rather than the typical July 1 to June 30,

Members don't see this ad :)
SydneyB said:
Go to the following website for ORMS, which does the residency matching for all optometry residencies: www.orms.org
There is a list of unmatched positions; and contact information for those programs. If you are really interested, contact them ASAP - they may still be interested and might make special arrangements for you to do a program from Sept to Sept rather than the typical July 1 to June 30,

I have been to this website several times, and every time I go to it I'm ashamed how horrible it looks. It looks like a 4 year old through it together. If that is the web presents Optometry wants to front for its residency trained doctors...it says we suck! The AOA needs to get involved and make them fix it.

:eek:

http://www.orms.org/unmatched.htm

Am I reading this site right?? Are residency spots at places like The Cincinnati Eye Institute and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute going unfilled?? I would think those would be very competitive spots!

Could that also mean the applicants weren't qualified enough? I'm assuming they are not going to take just "anyone" that applies.

ML1983 said:
Could that also mean the applicants weren't qualified enough? I'm assuming they are not going to take just "anyone" that applies.

More likely, the applicant backed out at the last moment.

Hines302 said:
:eek:

http://www.orms.org/unmatched.htm

Am I reading this site right?? Are residency spots at places like The Cincinnati Eye Institute and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute going unfilled?? I would think those would be very competitive spots!

that is crazy that those two spots are going unfilled! if the people back out do they have alternates or can others apply or do they just go unfilled for a year?