Are there any pharmacy lawyers out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmd2012yay

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some advice but don't want the world to see. PM please. I was just wondering if the actions I take with my state board could put my coworkers licenses on the line.
 
I need some advice but don't want the world to see. PM please. I was just wondering if the actions I take with my state board could put my coworkers licenses on the line.

I don't think there are any lawyer that specializes in pharmacy on this board.

Each state board is different so I think you need a lawyer that is specific to your state. Lawyers also don't give out free advice...

About licenses on the line, It takes a LOT to get a pharmacist to lose their license. Most state boards have disciplinary actions where you can see who got penalized and the penalty. By looking it up, you can see what state boards are concerned about. Here are some examples why pharmacists lost their license...

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/apr13.htm

Lawrence R. Wheelock, Potsdam, NY

Profession: Pharmacist; Lic. No. 033108; Cal. No. 26478

Regents Action Date: April 22, 2013 (see also December 2002)

Action: Application to surrender license granted.

Summary: Licensee admitted to the charge of having been convicted of Forgery in the 2nd Degree.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/mar13.htm

Kenny Chun-Hui Ho, Little Neck, NY

Profession: Pharmacist; Lic. No. 044058; Cal. No. 26574

Regents Action Date: March 12, 2013

Action: Application to surrender license granted.

Summary: Licensee admitted to having been convicted of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 1st Degree, a class A-1 felony; Operating a Motor Vehicle While Under the Influence of Drugs, an unclassified misdemeanor; and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 7th Degree, a class A misdemeanor.


http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/feb13.htm

V. Rao Veeramachaneni, Brooklyn, NY

Profession: Pharmacist; Lic. No. 029970; Cal. No. 26530

Regents Action Date: February 11, 2013

Action: Application to surrender license granted.

Summary: Licensee did not contest the allegations that, between January 1, 2004 and March 30, 2009, he submitted, and caused to be submitted, claims to Medicaid for prescription drugs that were never dispensed; and submitted, and caused to be submitted, claims to Medicaid for prescription drugs that were diverted prescription drugs from lawful distribution.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/dec12.htm
Aiad Labyb Saman, Staten Island, NY

Profession: Pharmacist; Lic. No. 040789; Cal. No. 25473

Regents Action Date: December 11, 2012

Action: Found guilty of professional misconduct; Penalty: Revocation.

Summary: Licensee was found guilty of having been convicted of Perjury in the 3rd Degree.
 
The state board will make the decision, and truthfully, it may take months or years, and whether the pharmacist can work in the meantime depends on the nature of the offense.

Over the years, I have worked with one person who had their license revoked, and the state that did it does not post details online.