Technology are there plans for a mac tablet pc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is mac going to be coming out with a tablet pc within the next year or so?

i'd like to make the switch to macs, but i've also come to the conclusion that convertible tablet best suits my needs...... (more so than a regular notebook)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello

Not as we know it. Apple will probably come up with something far better than a Tablet PC. That's what they've been doing lately :)

Leo

lf777 said:
Hello

Not as we know it. Apple will probably come up with something far better than a Tablet PC. That's what they've been doing lately :)

Leo

any chance of that happening this summer?

I read an article in the January issue of a Mac Mag, I think it was Mac Addict, (but don't quote me on that!), and they were speculating on the release of a Mac tablet this year, but who knows if that will really happen?

I have a Powerbook, and it's awesome. Go ahead and make the switch. I don't think you'll regret it. ;o)

Good luck! ;)

One ingenious Mac user's initiative to build a Tablet Mac himself has inspired me to put up the online petition "Apple, give us a Tablet Mac, please".

The goal is to show Apple (and that means Steve), that there are more than enough potential Tablet Mac users to warrant a product. Heck, some of us even rip their iBooks apart and do it themselves (and a pretty good job at that, too).

In less than three weeks we have collected over 800 signatures, but we need your signature and support, too :)

If you too want a Tablet Mac - Sign the Petition:

You can find out about the current status of the petition here.

and how to help here.

Yours truly,
Ronny