Are there too many GI's?

Started by Lucidius
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lucidius

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've read often that there are a lot of people going into gi for money. So i was wondering just how bad is it and what would happen to the market in the future? I've been interested in Gastroenterology since I was a kid, but there are other specialties I'm interested in as well.
 
Only if people stop drinking. And that isn't happening anytime soon.
 
Even if everyone went into GI for the money, the supply of fellowship spots doesnt change much. Therefore supply will be less than demand for the forseeable future.