-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Are these numbers ok???
Started by Mamona
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sure, they're good. remember to apply early (In May, first day if possible) and make sure all your schools get all the info they need from you.
Use http://predents.com to compare the stats for people applying to specific schools.
Use http://predents.com to compare the stats for people applying to specific schools.
Yeah those numbers are fine as long as everything else is in order. Here is my list of things to make sure you do for your benefit:
1. take the DAT very seriously and do the best you can
2. apply early
3. apply early
4. apply early
5. apply to the right schools - do some research and pick several schools where you feel you have the best chance at acceptance (and pick a few "dream" schools)
5. finish secondaries right away and check with schools to make sure everything is in
6. make sure you have good letters of recommendation - decide now who you want to write them
7. make sure you have adequate shadowing/volunteer/leadership experience
You'll do fine! I have lower numbers and I was accepted.
1. take the DAT very seriously and do the best you can
2. apply early
3. apply early
4. apply early
5. apply to the right schools - do some research and pick several schools where you feel you have the best chance at acceptance (and pick a few "dream" schools)
5. finish secondaries right away and check with schools to make sure everything is in
6. make sure you have good letters of recommendation - decide now who you want to write them
7. make sure you have adequate shadowing/volunteer/leadership experience
You'll do fine! I have lower numbers and I was accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question,
how did you guys get the professors write the letters and submit to AADSAS on the first day of the app cycle? I am getting them through my school's letter service, and I have to go through letter of evaluation matching form (available the first day...). Feel like it is gonna take foreverrrrrrr. Really curious.
how did you guys get the professors write the letters and submit to AADSAS on the first day of the app cycle? I am getting them through my school's letter service, and I have to go through letter of evaluation matching form (available the first day...). Feel like it is gonna take foreverrrrrrr. Really curious.
Do REALLY well on the things that weaken your GPA. So if you did lower in the english classes... do well in the reading portion.
Also... grades don't mean everything... You are doing fine.
Also... grades don't mean everything... You are doing fine.
Question,
how did you guys get the professors write the letters and submit to AADSAS on the first day of the app cycle? I am getting them through my school's letter service, and I have to go through letter of evaluation matching form (available the first day...). Feel like it is gonna take foreverrrrrrr. Really curious.
You can always contact the professors before hand and let them know in advance that you will eventually be asking for a letter. When it get's closer to applying give them a resume and your personal statement and tell them they can start writing the letter but that you will contact them later about how to submit it. In fact, I wouldn't go through your schools letter service - they can just submit their letter on-line.
Do I have to write another personal statement for my secondary application?
or what exactly secondary applications consist of?? 😉
It all depends on the school. Some require additional essays (ussually more specific questions than for the personal statement) and some just require additional money. Some will let you know if you need to send a secondary and when to send it, others you need to do without prompting. When you fill out the AADSAS there will be a link to schools secondary information - I would plan on contacting the schools you apply to and double check what they require.
Your GPA is still competetive for plenty of schools but without a DAT score it is impossible for anybody to tell you your chances. i.e. an AA of 16 will probably not get you in anywhere with your GPA, but an AA of 22 certainly should. Best of luck!
-Cyrus
-Cyrus
A ver que quiere decir tu nombre? Mamona? Sera lo que estoy pensando? ja ja
A ver que quiere decir tu nombre? Mamona? Sera lo que estoy pensando? ja ja
Si. 😕

I didn't even use the matching forms. they accepted them without it. I used interfolio to ensure the recommendations were in by May.
really?? they just accepted it?
when did u apply?
sorry to jack your thread...
when did u apply?
sorry to jack your thread...
I am just wonder if my stat. are good for next cycle applications?
I will have a 3.36 overall and a 3.65 science gpa. I know I have to do very good on the DAT, but do you think I am a competitive candidate with this? 😕😕
Without DAT scores, rendering an opinion on your competitiveness is less than fruitless. Why not wait until you have those available.?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just wonder if my stat. are good for next cycle applications?
I will have a 3.36 overall and a 3.65 science gpa. I know I have to do very good on the DAT, but do you think I am a competitive candidate with this? 😕😕
I'd say you look promising. Do well on the DAT 20+/20+ . The overall GPA may be considered a little low nowadays but your science gpa may make up for that.
A ver que quiere decir tu nombre? Mamona? Sera lo que estoy pensando? ja ja
Yo se lo que piensas pero es una historia larga, pero nada que ver el nombre con el significado...... I guess lol 😱😕
Sale pues
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 323
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 926
