Are these schools still sending out IIs or are they just late to send out mass R emails?

Jan 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have yet to hear anything back from these schools:

University of South Florida
Miami
Maryland—Edit: II season over
Florida State
Duke--Edit: confirmed II season is over.
Uconn
South Carolina Greenville—Edit II season over
Florida Atlantic
Temple
EVMS

Does anyone know for sure if any of these schools are still interviewing or if their interview season is over and they just haven’t sent the email yet? Thanks!

Last edited:

caterwaiter

2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2019
Can't say for sure because I didn't apply to either this cycle, but last cycle both Maryland and UConn ended up sending decisions very late in the cycle. UConn was my very last R in like...mid-April?

About the Ads

Exocus

2+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Maryland is done interviewing according to someone on the school thread who called Admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 8, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have yet to hear anything back from these schools:

University of South Florida
Miami
Maryland
Florida State
Duke--Edit: confirmed duke interview season is over.
Uconn
South Carolina Greenville
Florida Atlantic
Temple
EVMS

Does anyone know for sure if any of these schools are still interviewing or if their interview season is over and they just haven’t sent the email yet? Thanks!
USCSOM Greenville had their final interview at first week of March and already sent out their official waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Jan 15, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Maryland is done interviewing according to someone on the school thread who called Admissions.
Wish they’d send out an email and not make people call. Professionalism right?😂🤦‍♂️

Reactions: 1 users

Exocus

2+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Wish they’d send out an email and not make people call. Professionalism right?😂🤦‍♂️
Definitely frustrating, especially since they wanted you to show you knew what professionalism was in their secondary.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
Rs are forever and some schools will not release them until there is absolutely no possible chance that they might need to hold last minute interviews -- say, in the midst of a zombie apocalypse that decimates the incoming class just weeks before school starts.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Moko

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Rs are forever and some schools will not release them until there is absolutely no possible chance that they might need to hold last minute interviews -- say, in the midst of a zombie apocalypse that decimates the incoming class just weeks before school starts.
Depending on how bad the zombie apocalypse gets, the original incoming class may be allowed to matriculate, and medical school is instead shortened to just include teaching proper streetside manners, neurology, and neurosurgery.

Reactions: 2 users

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Depending on how bad the zombie apocalypse gets, the original incoming class may be allowed to matriculate, and medical school is instead shortened to just include teaching proper streetside manners, neurology, and neurosurgery.
And lab skills like care and use of machine guns, rocket launchers and flame throwers.

Reactions: 2 users

KnightDoc

2+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
But.... are they forever? I am pretty sure I remember one school two years ago rescinding Rs and replacing them with WLs a few weeks later, once they saw how crappy their yield was turning out to be. Really! Nobody ever reported whether one of those initial Rs ended up converting into an A, although I doubt it. But still, it happened.

Schools can absolutely do what they want. Stringing people along is just another prerogative of the sellers' market. That said, I honestly don't think we should be so offended. As obtuse as even I sometimes am, I'm pretty skilled at taking a hint after not hearing anything 6-8 MONTHS after submitting an application to anything.

• Wow
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.