Are Wake Forest's rec forms really necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school has a letter sending service. All my letters are on file, and they send them out whenever I request them to. Do I really need to also get the two profs I listed on their secondary to fill out their recommendation form? They say they want the letter (if the recommender chooses to send one! :confused: ) attached to this silly form. :rolleyes: This is the only school I'm applying to that's asked for anything like this! Reminds me of applying to undergrad. One would think a school would rather have an actual letter than a checklist/grid form!! :mad: Am I wasting $55.00 if I don't do this? Do you think I could just have the profs send in the form separately from the letters sent by the letter service? I waited forever to get their secondary and now this nonsense makes me wonder if I really want to go there.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't bother..if you have a letter writing service just send the letters..most schools don't care. I got an interview at Wake without sending in their forms and they didn't seem to mind :)

Damn, you gotta change your name...I keep thinking you're a male!
haha....
Maybe if you put your pic up in your signature :) haha

I would just call Wake Forest and ask them. I would guess that it's not necessary since they don't need one for the composite or from the premed committee. Just call and ask...hopefully they wont be rude.

Members don't see this ad :)
Composite committee letters are preferred. If there is no committee, two individual faculty recommendations, of which one should be from a science professor, are accepted. A statement of the good standing status of a student is desirable. Letters should ideally be received at the same time as the secondary application is submitted. Letters for the applicant submitted earlier are held.

SMW - I thought the same thing, so I asked them about it. They said it's really not necessary to send in their form...

Thanks, everyone! :)