are we allowed water?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When they say that we're not allowed beverages, does that include water?

If so, then would we be allowed to access our water bottles during the midway break at least? Or do they provide water?

Members don't see this ad.

You can bring whatever you please to drink during the break, I don't think you are restricted to water. There was actually a water cooler at my location, and I was the only person out of my testing group that brought a snack lol.

When they say that we're not allowed beverages, does that include water?

If so, then would we be allowed to access our water bottles during the midway break at least? Or do they provide water?
You have a break in between the test, where you can access a locker if you were assigned one to drink water, soda, whatever or eat a snack. I brought a bottle of water and beef jerky for protein during the break. We were even allowed to leave and go down the hall to the bathroom, where there were also water fountains for use. I used around 6 minutes of my break time, however, because I wanted to get out of there ASAP! :laugh:

Do we get two lockers then? One for storing things we can't access until the exam is over (backpack, cell phone, etc) and another one for things we can access (food & beverage)?

And just to make sure, no water is allowed when we're actually writing the exam, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we get two lockers then? One for storing things we can't access until the exam is over (backpack, cell phone, etc) and another one for things we can access (food & beverage)?

And just to make sure, no water is allowed when we're actually writing the exam, right?

Just 1 locker altogether but that will be more than enough room.

They don't let you bring anything into the exam room, besides your ID. They will provide the scratch paper and pen.

Do they watch us when we're accessing our stuff?

I hope they do, because I don't want to be falsely accused of using my cell phone or something while I am getting water.

Are we allowed to see like review notes during the break when we have access to the locker??

and how long is the break??

Are we allowed to see like review notes during the break when we have access to the locker?? and how long is the break??

Looking at notes at any time in the testing center is a violation of the policy, but when I took it, the proctors weren't really paying attention to what people were getting out of their lockers. But don't try it...

The break is 15 minutes, but you will be so tired of sitting and taking a test you will just want to skip the break and get out of there as fast as you can :scared:

Ok, this whole thread has inspired me to actually follow through with my complaint against the Pearson testing center in central Phoenix. For the record, this one did have a water cooler.

I did bring a drink & a snack. The guy in charge of signing people in had me put my stuff in a janky little basket under the desk, because they were out of lockers. Really? $150 doesn't buy me a locker? Anyway, he said to separate any meds, drinks, snacks I might want to get at during the break & also turn off my cell phone.

At break, the supervisor for the center told me that I couldn't get at any of my personal items. She said that if I insisted, she would document the variance. Of course, I'm not stupid, I'm not going to jeopardize my score over a snack. I told her that no, I wasn't going to access my items, but I would need her name & the name of the guy working the desk earlier. She was insistent that the entire grounds were the "test room," and when I pointed out it said I could get at my stuff during break, she kept pointing at the part about during the test (insisting that the break was also part of the test).

When I finished the test, she had already left for the day, and the gal at the front desk told me that she couldn't release the manager's name, but if I referred to her as "the manager," they would know who I was talking about. Yeah, of course the manager didn't leave that information for me.

I was going to let it go, at least until the test scores came in, & figured perhaps she was right / it wasn't worth my effort to find out otherwise. But this thread proves she was just being a... so & so. :mad:

ETA: The reason I share my experience, besides that I will rant to whomever will listen about what a racket Pearson's running, is because I don't want anyone else to be surprised when something like this happens to them. I walked into the next section of the test frustrated, which probably lowered my score on the essay & RC a bit. (Poker players call it "playing on tilt.")

They don't let you bring anything into the exam room, besides your ID. They will provide the scratch paper and pen.

Yeah, the manager from my post above? Literally forced me to turn out my pockets before the test and after the break (before she'd let me back in the room). Like an f'ing 8 year old.

Hmm... I thought that such an expensive exam would be very well run by well trained people... guess I was wrong...

I'm just going to hope that I would be allowed to get a drink because during my practice exams, I could barely stay focused after one hour without water... guess I have to train myself to work under thirst or something.... :scared:

Hey another question. We're not allowed watches right? But our break is timed. So do we just have to be as quick as possible to avoid the risk of using more than 15min, or do they have some kind of system to help us keep track of time?

Yeah, the manager from my post above? Literally forced me to turn out my pockets before the test and after the break (before she'd let me back in the room). Like an f'ing 8 year old.

They made me do that here in Fresno, CA. I think it might be part of their standard procedures? :confused:

you get a break.. i don't think you're allowed to bring water into the actual exam though.. drink it on your break..

So I'm confused, do they teach you there how to work the computer based version over there before the test or is there a tutorial somewhere? :confused:

So I'm confused, do they teach you there how to work the computer based version over there before the test or is there a tutorial somewhere? :confused:

There are instructions. If you're worried about it, take the Pearson practice tests - they are very much like the real thing. The timer is in the same place. The system to mark questions to come back to is a little different, but easily picked up. If you can use this word processor to write an essay (sans spell / grammar check), you can do the essay. They even had a how to work the chair page on the top of the scratch pad thing.

Protip: Adjust the chair during the instruction section (when it isn't counting down time) if it's even a little uncomfortable. My back was sore when I walked out, and I can only imagine for testees significantly taller / shorter than the norm.

Don't stress bro. :D

Hey another question. We're not allowed watches right? But our break is timed. So do we just have to be as quick as possible to avoid the risk of using more than 15min, or do they have some kind of system to help us keep track of time?

Yeah, this was really dumb. And you can't have your watch in the test room. And I couldn't access my watch on break. WTF.

I pretty much ran to the bathroom, came back and drank some water from their cooler, and paced back and forth in their lobby (where there was a clock) in an agitated manner for the rest of break. Then again, it was July in Arizona - I didn't exactly want to be outside.

Thanks to everyone who replied! I'll keep all those tips and warnings in mind. :)

Whaa? You paid 150 for the exam? I had to pay 200 in dallas, tx?!

Ok, this whole thread has inspired me to actually follow through with my complaint against the Pearson testing center in central Phoenix. For the record, this one did have a water cooler.

I did bring a drink & a snack. The guy in charge of signing people in had me put my stuff in a janky little basket under the desk, because they were out of lockers. Really? $150 doesn't buy me a locker? Anyway, he said to separate any meds, drinks, snacks I might want to get at during the break & also turn off my cell phone.

At break, the supervisor for the center told me that I couldn't get at any of my personal items. She said that if I insisted, she would document the variance. Of course, I'm not stupid, I'm not going to jeopardize my score over a snack. I told her that no, I wasn't going to access my items, but I would need her name & the name of the guy working the desk earlier. She was insistent that the entire grounds were the "test room," and when I pointed out it said I could get at my stuff during break, she kept pointing at the part about during the test (insisting that the break was also part of the test).

When I finished the test, she had already left for the day, and the gal at the front desk told me that she couldn't release the manager's name, but if I referred to her as "the manager," they would know who I was talking about. Yeah, of course the manager didn't leave that information for me.

I was going to let it go, at least until the test scores came in, & figured perhaps she was right / it wasn't worth my effort to find out otherwise. But this thread proves she was just being a... so & so. :mad:

ETA: The reason I share my experience, besides that I will rant to whomever will listen about what a racket Pearson's running, is because I don't want anyone else to be surprised when something like this happens to them. I walked into the next section of the test frustrated, which probably lowered my score on the essay & RC a bit. (Poker players call it "playing on tilt.")