Are we late in the cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tRad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I havent even e-submited yet. I need a couple more days and my personal statement will be done, transcripts are sent, dat done and received, all LORs in. However, I am waiting on my schools pre-health committee to interview me and then write me a commitee letter. How late are we in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

not THAT late but you are starting to push it.

So you are going to have individual letters of rec and a committee letter? Aren't the two interchangeable? Why have both?

As for your question, I wouldn't say you are LATE in the cycle, but you are definitely not early. Some schools are already giving out interviews, and the rest of the schools will probably follow suit in the next few weeks. Keep in my that after you e-submit it still takes a week or 2 for aadsas to process your application and calculate your gpa, and then it gets sent to schools, where it then must be processed and reviewed by adcoms. Submitting now is probably considered mid-cycle, so you have lost the "apply early" advantage, but it's not so late that you won't have a chance. .

There's not really a right or wrong answer for this. Everyone has an opinion on what's late and whats' not and it really depends on your specific application.

Unless I were rocking really good stats, I'd start to sweat the timing a little bit. Some schools haven't looked at anything yet, but they've got a stack ahead of you. A couple have filled up their pre-December invites. So the clock is ticking!