Are you getting calls from schools that accepted you?

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
So far, I've been accepted to only one school (Rush). Since my acceptance, I've been receiving emails and phone calls from the Dean and other faculty. Sometimes, they call just to see if i have any questions and nothing else. I have to admit, they are making me feel very special and I'm starting to lean toward enrolling there this Fall.

Since i've only been accept to one school, I don't know if this is an usual practice that every school partake in to recruit students. Is anyone on SDN getting the royal treatment from schools they've been accepted to?

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Harvard bought me a car. I turned them down because it was only an '04. Loyola, here I come!

maygirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
Status
sdnstud said:
So far, I've been accepted to only one school (Rush). Since my acceptance, I've been receiving emails and phone calls from the Dean and other faculty. Sometimes, they call just to see if i have any questions and nothing else. I have to admit, they are making me feel very special and I'm starting to lean toward enrolling there this Fall.

Since i've only been accept to one school, I don't know if this is an usual practice that every school partake in to recruit students. Is anyone on SDN getting the royal treatment from schools they've been accepted to?
I just got accepted to Dartmouth last week, and even though they haven't called me yet, they sent me a handwritten letter a couple of days after my acceptance. That was pretty different. I really love that school. :love:

About the Ads

ajt2003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2004
Status
Hey,

BU called a bunch of people about two weeks ago...

You must really be loved! Buttering up works, doesn't it!?

:D

Wilbury

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
Utah sent me a nice Christmas card signed by the deans and office staff.

dura

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
Status
Wilbury said:
Are you a resident of Utah? What's your stats?

locks

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2004
Status
maygirl said:
I just got accepted to Dartmouth last week, and even though they haven't called me yet, they sent me a handwritten letter a couple of days after my acceptance. That was pretty different. I really love that school. :love:
Maygirl, when did you interview at Dartmouth?? congrats.

DrThom

Thundercat
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2003
Using sight beyond sight...
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I got home today only to receive a message from my roommate:

Someone from Rush called.

That is the message they left. "Just tell him someone from Rush called."

I am thinking about calling back and asking, "Yes, I received a call from 'someone', is he in?"

MedicineBird

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2004
Status
Wilbury said:

My acceptance letter was dated 12/27 -- I'm counting it as a great stocking stuffer.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I got called by Jefferson, as well as by my interviewer at Ohio State.

drguy22

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Attending Physician
i got a letter from my interviewer at NJMS....i dont know why..since im going to that school cuz i pretty much have to...but im happy....now only if they throw some money my way:)

premedgeek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
Status
UCLAstudent said:
I got called by Jefferson, as well as by my interviewer at Ohio State.
I got an email from my Ohio State interviewer today. I am not sure if he tried to call me (my cell phone is screwed up and sometime doesn't ring).

lightnk102

Wild Type
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2004
Status
MS2's from BU called to congratulating students on their acceptance and to ask if they had any questions.

About the Ads