Are you happy you picked optometry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What would you do if you had the chance to start over? (ODs only!)

• Total voters

georgeyboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you happy that you pursued optometry or wish you had done things differently? Lets try to keep this an OD only poll and not students.

Members don't see this ad.

wtwei02 is a 4th year med student. I guess reading comprehension is a shortcoming in all professions. ;)

welcome to the internet where anyone can: be heard/someone else/show ignorance/impart wisdom/brighten someone's day etc.

good poll btw

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright... maybe I'm just getting too particular about this poll, but we have another "would have gone into medicine" from aarlan, who's a entering member of the 2006 NECO class... (Note to aarlan -- if you would truly rather go into medicine and you haven't even started OD school yet, it's not too late to switch!)

r_salis said:
Alright... maybe I'm just getting too particular about this poll, but we have another "would have gone into medicine" from aarlan, who's a entering member of the 2006 NECO class... (Note to aarlan -- if you would truly rather go into medicine and you haven't even started OD school yet, it's not too late to switch!)

The problem with this poll, and for that matter any internet forum, is that they are too impersonal. My clicking on "I do not love optometry, but I would still do it again" means nothing to y'all because you don't know the context of my answer. What has led me to my point in life is necessary to give meaning to my answer. I wish I could go into the reasons behind my answer, because I truly think that will be more informative, but I have a thesis due in 7 days, a 15 page paper due in a month (haven't started even researching yet) and two final exams coming up (haven't done any of the semester's readings) and just stopped by here while eating my lunch!

I encourage all voters to explain why the voted how they did. This will also let us know who the real ODs are so we won't count the votes of people who are just trying to be a** holes!

You all know my reasons for loving Optom. :) GTG mind the shop now ;)

My dad seems to like it, but I don't think I'm allowed to vote for him. :D