Are you using Crack DAT Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SGStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering if any of you are using Crack DAT Science for practice and what is your opinion of it compared to the real dat. I have read some threads that says it is bad and is harder and more detailed than the real DAT exam but these threads are like 2008 and 2010, so I was wondering if this is still true. I have been using them for practice to build my stamina and I have been getting 16s and 17s and then jump to 20s and then back to 17s. I just wanted to know if I need to invest more time in sharpening my knowledge with the sciences to do better with these exams. Thanks for any tips. Good luck with the studies.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a good book to start with. However, if that is your only source, you might be in trouble.
I woukd use Destroyer, Odyssey, ACS books and Schaums outlines for Gen chem and Orgo. For Bio use Feralis and Destroyer. For PAT use Kaplan and Topscore. For Math use Math Destroyer and CrackDAT. For RC, just read one article per day. You should be good if you spend some time with it and understan what you are doing.

thanks for the reply. But no way this is my only resource, that's crazy talk lol. I have used several resources to sharpen my knowledge destroyer, dat bootcamp, Chads (love the guy), chemistry and organic chemistry as a second language, Cliff's AP, Khan's Academy, Savage videos, Thinkwell by George Wolfe, MCAT biology recordings by Jordan and John. Also read MCAT chemistry and organic chemistry once. Oh and love master organic chemistry its great. I was just using Crack DAT Science to build my stamina and get use to the testing environment, I guess my scores are still low and need to sharpen it more with the scores I am getting.

From my understanding crack DAT is usually just good for PAT practice. You should look into Chad's videos + quizzes, Dat Q vault, DAT bootcamp, and most important of all : DAT Destroyer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I read from couple of comments here that its "crap" and total confidence killer. That the biology is so specific and random (even than DAT itself) and that the Crack DAT Science is just overall much harder than the DAT itself. Again I read these comments from 2010 and 2011. And there were some 2013. Just wondering if it changed, since Crack DAT often update their softwares.

Understandable. Best of luck to you! I'm currently studying for a retake. I finally reached the point where I feel godly because I can securely go through destroyer without crawling into a ball and crying. Cheers.

I am the same, and yea destroyer is a killer at first. But understanding and doing it 3x to 4x its not as bad, lol. Good luck to you too and I bet you'll do much much better!

@Dotoday , did you find Kaplan to be helpful for PAT? I tried their practice tests, and found they were not at all representative of the real DAT. They seemed way too easy. I used CDP instead (10 test version) which I thought was amazing! I scored a 23 on my first write :)

For Science, definitely use Chad's videos & DAT Destroyer. So helpful! The week before my test date, I re-watched all the chem topics on fast-play that I was lacking confidence in. I also re-read Cliff's AP Bio again cover-to-cover the day before which definitely helped come test day!

Good luck! :)