Are you using/did you use USMLE Rx?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicklett1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
While there are a lot of discussions about the pros and cons of USMLE Rx vs other question banks, I haven't been able to find much info in the archives about how people are actually doing with USMLERx, and how it correlates with scores overall.

Has anyone used the score estimator formula that USMLERx provides? (% x 2.64)+47= estimated score. How close was it to actual performance/NBME scores?

I'll share my experience:
before studying, took NBME 1, got 192
Began using USMLERx, was getting 45-55% correct
one week of studying, took NBME 2, got 198
two weeks of studying, USMLERx about 60-65% correct
took NBME 4, got 208 :thumbdown:
three weeks of studying, USMLE Rx is at about 73% correct:
I'm going to take another NBME this weekend.

Seventy-three % with USMLE Rx is a 240, but I am 100% sure I'm not anywhere near there yet.

I have 2 more weeks to go. I'm actually pretty happy with Rx, but if people think that it's not a good predictor of the final outcome, I might throw the towel in and get USMLE World. I know pretty much everyone who has an opinion favors World, but I'm poor. :(

Members don't see this ad.

rx is good to get started, but it doesnt stimulate real exam.
in the long run, the couple bucks of world are a very investment, just atleast get it for a week before the exam?

I like Rx. I pretty much finished it and was getting around 80 toward the end. I'm doing world as well. I'd like to finish that soon and review both qbanks as much as possible in the 2 weeks before I take the exam.