Arguments for and Against Adderall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RollSkins

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So some of my friends and I were having a discussion about using Adderall to help you study. I have seen various threads on using drugs to help you study where several people have admitted using Adderall and I am sure that there are more people out there that use it but won't admit it. Basically I am just wondering what your reasons are for using or not using Adderall.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a prescription for it in college, but I have not used it in several years. My psychiatrist actually told me that she used ritalin in medical school. She explained that it greatly helps a person with ADD, but it will also benefit someone that is not ADD (or ADHD, to be technical). Both are very effective, but they can induce high blood pressure and make sleep very difficult is taken later in the day. Give this, I see nothing wrong with it. Just, as any drug, make sure that you figure out the proper dose and follow it accordingly. More is NOT always better.

Nothing to contribute really. I just wanted to get in before the thread gets closed from the flame war. My pair of copper Lincolns for the hell of it: If you have to take drugs to get good grades then you either have really poor time management or simply aren't cut out for academia. Either way, pretty lame.

Edit: Of course if you need it because of underlying difficulties, ADHD, etc, then perhaps it's less lame.

Members don't see this ad :)
PepperMD is beginning the flame war, and he is completely wrong. That simple.

This is too close to a medical advice thread for my comfort. If you want to know about drug information contact your health care provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.