Arizona Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm in AZ, too. I can probably be of some assistance, as I'm in a similiar situation. I have my degree already, but need to finish some of the pre-reqs. I have started at MCC, and - hopefully - can offer some insight to the process with us 'Arizonans'.
🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Midwestern offers a postbac program and a Masters that is strongly affiliated with the school. A few of my classmates were once in those programs. From what they told me, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot at AZCOM if you graduate with a 3.5 from the program. I guess it is kind of a political thing. I know these students were well prepared for our program because they saw many of the same things for a second time. I'm not certain but I think you do a year at community college getting your pre-req's and then one or two years at Midwestern taking MS1 or upper level bio classes.
 
happy20003 said:
hey CrazyPremed, i was thinking of starting the pre-reqs next semester as i am almost finish with my BA in Dec. after you finish with your pre-reqs where would you go for medical school, Midwestern or UofA

I definately will apply to U of A. At this point I'd prefer to go the MD route (This could change with time, I haven't researched the DO programs much).

CrazyPremed