Arizona?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joedogma

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the program at the University of Arizona? Good reputation? Strong teaching? Good overall training? If anybody interviewed there (or better yet, a current resident :) ) I would love to hear your thoughts about the program? I currently live in Brooklyn but I would love to live in tucson for a few years. Don't know why I am attracted to the desert, maybe so I can tell my friends and family "yeah its hot, but its the DRY heat..." If anybody has any input, please post :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Yuck. Tucson is a hole. Really. St. Joseph's in Phoenix has a nice program, everyone is fabulous and there's a great atmosphere -- I plan on applying there. Barrow Neurological Institute is attached to the hospital so there is a huge influx of really wild neuro cases, if that's your thing. Of course, if you're not interested in a community hospital setting for residency, that's not going to work for you.

Anyway - I know someone who just matched at UA - if you want I can pass your email address to him, I'm sure he'd be happy to answer questions for you - just PM me your addy if you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
jkoehler,
Why did he say not to apply there?

Sorry, but to be honest, I didn't even ask. He's a guy I consider a personal friend, teaches more in the derm program rather than path, and Tucson wasn't high on my list as a place to live in the 1st place. He just said he wouldn't recommend doing path residency there. He does think highly of the derm program, however.