Arizona's interview feeback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should Arizona's Interview Feedback return?

• Yes

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the past week, I have noticed a couple of people asking about Arizona's interview process because they have interviews there in the near future. We are going to see a lot of threads of predents asking about Arizona's interview if SDN continues to succumb to Arizona's conceitedness.

In my opinion, the Arizona interview feedback should be brought back minus the obvious immature posts....So I pose the question:

Should Arizona's interview feedback return?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by avingupta

In my opinion, the Arizona interview feedback should be brought back minus the obvious immature posts....So I pose the question:

Should Arizona's interview feedback return?

is it possible to do that? how do we know exactly which posts were the fake ones? maybe we should just start a new one and hope that sdn-ers are more mature...:rolleyes:

We are going to see a lot of threads of predents asking about Arizona's interview if SDN continues to succumb to Arizona's conceitedness.

Arizona's conceitedness? Read the TOS. Slanderous comments about race, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation simply don't belong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Arizona's conceitedness? Read the TOS. Slanderous comments about race, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation simply don't belong.

And I agree.......however ONLY THOSE comments should have been deleted.....there were a lot of quality comments, both positive/negative that should have remained and thats all Im saying.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC

Where do I read the TOS? It's quoted like the bible around here.

And I agree.......however ONLY THOSE comments should have been deleted.....there were a lot of quality comments, both positive/negative that should have remained and thats all Im saying.

Yeah, and its been said before. Why bring it up again? I highly doubt the feedback will come back.

Yeah, and its been said before. Why bring it up again? I highly doubt the feedback will come back.

I know it has been said before many times, but Im just thinking ahead. I just know we are gonna see repetitive threads being started asking about the Arizona interview...this can be avoided however....

Personally, I dont care for the Arizona interview feedback, but Im just thinking of others who would.

There has been 154 views of this thread but only 18 votes....why arent people voting? Because it doesnt concern you?? Well, thats not very nice, is it?

Too bad we are not a democractic forum here...
I wonder if moderator could put symbols over TOS wordings and put the interview feedbacks back on.

I know it has been said before many times, but Im just thinking ahead. I just know we are gonna see repetitive threads being started asking about the Arizona interview...this can be avoided however....

By YOU starting a new thread about it...does this make sense to anyone? I think you've been been smoking too much chronic pot boy.

By YOU starting a new thread about it...does this make sense to anyone? I think you've been been smoking too much chronic pot boy

I think you have missed my whole argument, which I thought was quite straightforward even for an idiot like yourself....perhaps you are the one who has been sniffing too much gas there...

Before SDN , how did students get into dental schools?? Please, While this may be news to you, they did research and CALLED the students attending. Predents are Predents and dental students have experience. I would rather get my info from somebody in the trenches where I am interested in attending than from somebody who spreads anger and bitterness in a manner to seem like they are helping you but really they are just out to misinform.

Before computers, they had typewriters, before cars, they had horses.....things change....so whats your point? Sure getting info from current dental students is a great resource, but for interview purposes, talking to predents who just RECENTLY went through the interview process is invaluable...I know personally I have used the interview feedback for every school I have gone to...Even my BU interviewer was telling me that SDN is the best resource he has ever seen, and that the interview feedback for BU is great...and if I recall, BU has had its share of bad press on this site, yet this guy continues to praise it????

seriously :laugh:

Amen to that Frave. It's *****s like pot-boy that jumble up SDN and make it more difficult to find useful info. Seriously, this guy has yet to donate one intelligent post. Could it be because he isn't intelligent enough to do so...maybe. I believe that it is because he smokes too much weed and has no clue which way is up. Honestly, who would disrespect their own country by choosing an avatar like that? C'mon down avingupta...idiot extaordinare!!!!

Originally posted by JFrave74
I didn't know about SDN and yet I had friends that got interviews to all the places that I did. Talking to them prepared me as well as reading INTERVIEW BOOKS and I didn't get one rejection.

I can't speak for the others, but at my college there were very few (sometimes only 1 or 2) predents every year. We had no one to turn to for info or interview help for any dental school (except the local one down the street). In this instance, you rely on the school websites. I think SDN is a great help for the pre-dents at colleges like mine, where pre-dents are clearly in the minority and largely overshadowed by tons of pre-meds. The interview feedback benefits these students who can't just talk to their pre-dent friends to prepare, because there aren't any pre-dent friends around.

SDN didnt help me one bit for my interviews. Why? Because back then I didnt know it existed.

So whats my point you ask? SDN or no SDN, dental interviews are easy to prepare for.

dudes...you gotta relax....I think JFrave is being very selfish in what he is saying. Just because he is the all mighty, and has the ability to go into interviews with no problems shouldnt blind us to the fact that not everyone is as good as him. I'll admit that you are right about interviews...that they are very easy and require no preparation...however, it took me a couple of interviews to realize that.

Im just thinking about those predents who have no interview experience and are totally nervous about their first interviews and have no idea what to expect. At least they can read the feedbacks on SDN to get a feel to what to expect, and to ease their nervousness. For me it doesnt matter, but Im just thinking of other predents, particularly those in the next application cycle. Geez...thats all Im asking....

Guess its time for me to go work on those people skills, father....

I didn't know about SDN and yet I had friends that got interviews to all the places that I did. Talking to them prepared me as well as reading INTERVIEW BOOKS and I didn't get one rejection.
There are about 7000-8000 applicants per year..and how many students are currently in undergrad programs in the US and Canada? I know personally my university alone has 60 000 people in it, and no pre-professional committee...thus the chances of finding people who are also predents and have gone through dental interviews is nil....so you have to understand that not everyone has the opportunity to talk to predents like you did Frave.

Furthermore, Dentaldream..I understand that you didnt know about SDN before your interviews, but wouldnt have it been better and easier on you if you did? If not, then everyone is not as strong and confident as yourself and you have to think how it may help others.

Amen to that Frave. It's *****s like pot-boy that jumble up SDN and make it more difficult to find useful info. Seriously, this guy has yet to donate one intelligent post. Could it be because he isn't intelligent enough to do so...maybe. I believe that it is because he smokes too much weed and has no clue which way is up. Honestly, who would disrespect their own country by choosing an avatar like that? C'mon down avingupta...idiot extaordinare!!!!
Wow, I find it strange that RaiderNation insults me for not being intelligent enough for him, yet his only rebuttals to me include making fun of me and my avatar, which play no relevance....I guess I need a lesson in intelligence! Stupid me!

Furthermore, Dentaldream..I understand that you didnt know about SDN before your interviews, but wouldnt have it been better and easier on you if you did? If not, then everyone is not as strong and confident as yourself and you have to think how it may help others.

I agree to a point. SDN would have been a nice little bonus, but I doubt it would have allowed me to totally change my interview experience 180 degrees for the better.

That sacrificial lamb stuff was gold! Im honoured! :laugh:

But for some reason you think that the interview feedback is the easy route...why do you think this? I pose the following question to you and everyone else:

What is the difference between the SDN feedback and looking at old exams in our classes? Why do we do it? Perhaps we are nervous about the exam and dont know what to expect, so we look at old exams to have a better idea of what to expect and what type of questions are to be asked. Same principle applies to the interview, right?. ANd Im sure we are all guilty of looking at old exams one time in our lives.

And by the way, Wasnt the original point of my poll to just avoid the forthcoming repetitve threads asking about the "Arizona interview"???

Have fun being a garbage man, JFrave...I dont look down on you because of that...garbage men/women actually get paid very well and are hardworking.

IEven my BU interviewer was telling me that SDN is the best resource he has ever seen, and that the interview feedback for BU is great...and if I recall, BU has had its share of bad press on this site, yet this guy continues to praise it????

seriously :laugh:

Our dean tells each group of incoming interviewees to check out SDN.