Arkansas DO reciprocity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unDRdog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone/ or does anyone know of an Arkansas resident successfully getting into Texas or Oklahoma? Reason being...we do not have a DO school but am curious to know if there is reciprocity with these or any other states? I'm going to start calling schools at random and asking next week but would appreciate any advice or direction...( I have searched)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AFAIK, there is no reciprocity for the neighboring DO schools. When I went to Arkansas, I never heard anything from the premed advisors about reciprocity with OSU-COM, TCOM, or KCUMB. I didn't apply to TCOM, but did apply to OSU and KCUMB and was put on hold post secondary. The only benefit of being an Arkansas resident is you are guaranteed an interview at UAMS and depending where you live, it may be really easy to get in there.

Has anyone/ or does anyone know of an Arkansas resident successfully getting into Texas or Oklahoma? Reason being...we do not have a DO school but am curious to know if there is reciprocity with these or any other states? I'm going to start calling schools at random and asking next week but would appreciate any advice or direction...( I have searched)

OSU-COM has an event called Med-X (an open house type event). Last year some Arkansas students showed up and asked about tuition, the Representative from OSU-COM said that Arkansas students get in-state tuition at OSU-COM. So it has to be a possibility, don't know about the probability though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Arkansas resident and I went to an AOMA (Arkansas Osteopathic Medicine Association) conference for premeds earlier this year and OSU reps were there. We were told that AR residents are given preference just under OK residents (could've just been telling us that because they were in AR) but above other states since we do not have an osteopathic school. Also since we don't have a DO school, Arkansas offers a grant to cover the difference between out/in state to get in state tuition to a number of certain DO schools. I can't remember the other ones off the top of my head since I was really interested in OSU. Oh and I applied this year and got accepted to OSU :soexcited:

Ok, so I'm replying to this so I can go back and look under my posts and reread this in the future if/when it becomes necessary. Good post. Good information. Thanks guys.

Not to hijack the thread (but yeah, ok, I am going to hijack it), but does anyone happen to know what other states have reciprocity agreements like this?

I went digging through some notes I took at the conference and found a list of schools we were given that have an agreement with AR. We were told the list consist of: KCOM, OSU, KCUMB, Pikeville, DMU, and WCU.

Sorry RG, I guess that didn't answer your question but the op question. I don't know anything about other states.

Sorry RG, I guess that didn't answer your question but the op question. I don't know anything about other states.

No worries. I suppose I should have specified that I'm wondering about Minnesota reciprocity. The closest midwestern colleges that it would matter for would be CCOM, MSU and OUCOM.