Arkansas State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ActionJaxsun25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to Arkansas State and heard back from them? I've had Ak State at the top of my list for a couple years now and am eager to hear something. Every time I call to check on the status of my application, they say it won't be until March that they start contacting applicants. And from what I've read about years past, that sounds consistent with their timelines. I am just curious if anyone else had heard from them.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard yet either. I went to the open house and one of the instructors said that he would try to get them to let us know sometime by the end of February. But, at least early March would be my guess. I wish you the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied there as well and have not heard anything from them.

I called again yesterday and was told to not expect anything until mid to late March. I wonder if this helps chances of being invited to interview/accepted. They are one of the last schools to finalize a class I believe, so probably a lot of students that applied have moved on to other options. Maybe? Does anyone else feel this way? Or should it still be pretty competitive?

Can anyone tell me about the Arkansas State DPT interview process?

It is supposedly mid-April interview, with the program start date in Fall. I just don't understand how they can field interviews that late (relative to other programs).

I went to the open house. They aren't conducting interviews this year for a change. I also heard from a current ASU undergrad student yesterday that they should be contacting us by email today sometime (3/15). Good luck!

Has anyone heard anything yet? I also applied and still have not received an email or a letter. Thanks.

Anyone heard anything yet? Anyone else going crazy waiting to hear? Haha..

"Crazy" would not do justice in describing my state of mind that is resulting from waiting in PAIN, hopefully not VAIN. But, there are more pressing issues facing us locally, globably, personally. Its time for me to stop sulking and look forward to a bright future. Hoping someone can benefit from that stream of conscious.

Called and touched base with the department. Now they are saying after April 1st they will start notifying students.

We should start hearing this week from them. Supposedly they send the rejections first, then acceptances later. Not sure though. Please post if y'all hear from them. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance email this afternoon!

has anyone else been accepted...i really hope i get into the program

No. Are you going to? If we didnt get in we will probably just get a letter in the mail within the next few days.

I received a email of acceptance Tuesday. Good luck

Getting kind of bummed. If they sent out emails and I didn't get one... I'm guessing I will have some depressing mail coming in a day or two.

Yea same here. No responses. I guess it's a no. Hello college that I just graduated from, Im so excited about taking freshman pre reqs at you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep

I got the call that I was accepted about 2 weeks ago! So excited!

Was there an open house when you all were applying? I'm attending one that they have on Friday and was wondering what questions you had for the representatives and other people there? I'm open to any and all suggestions...thanks :)