Arkansas

Started by jrvanlie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming UAMS?

This is the first year they are using PharmCAS, so things may be different now, but in my circumstances interviews didn't begin until late January, and acceptance letters didn't go out until some time in March. Definitely a nerve-wracking experience, waiting that long.

Good luck with your apps!
 
It's been interesting (and gone by quickly!) Hasn't been ridiculously challenging yet, but I came into it having taken some upper-level chem/bio classes which gave me a leg up. Overall it's a good environment and I'm enjoying myself.
 
I just received an interview offer. I was wondering what I need to do to prepare for the interview. Any advice or comment are appreciated.
 
My friend who got in last year said the interview process consisted of multiple rooms with signs outside the doors telling you what was waiting inside for you whether it be a student or someone from the admissions committee.
 
My friend who got in last year said the interview process consisted of multiple rooms with signs outside the doors telling you what was waiting inside for you whether it be a student or someone from the admissions committee.

Yup. You walk up, a sheet of paper briefly describes the scenario or question you have to answer, you have about 2 minutes to consider it, then you go in and do your thing. Sounds scary at first, but it's really not that bad once you get going. Without getting into details, if you've thought about the very generic sorts of interview questions (Why do you think you'd be a good pharamcist, derp) and you aren't completely socially inept, you'll do just fine, and you'll be shocked when you realize you're already finished.
 
Yup. You walk up, a sheet of paper briefly describes the scenario or question you have to answer, you have about 2 minutes to consider it, then you go in and do your thing. Sounds scary at first, but it's really not that bad once you get going. Without getting into details, if you've thought about the very generic sorts of interview questions (Why do you think you'd be a good pharamcist, derp) and you aren't completely socially inept, you'll do just fine, and you'll be shocked when you realize you're already finished.


about how many questions are there/how long is the interview process? is there a writing portion, or a group activity? some of the other interviews i went to had these -__-
 
about how many questions are there/how long is the interview process? is there a writing portion, or a group activity? some of the other interviews i went to had these -__-

It's really quick, or feels that way anyway. Each encounter is 5 minutes, with 2 minutes prep. 4 encounters, so you're done in a bit less than 30 minutes. No written part or anything. The vibe is pretty laid back honestly. Of course, I'm responding late... Any of y'all already had your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No :/ I called last week and they said I should hear something last week or the beginning of this week....and still nothing ;(
 
It's really quick, or feels that way anyway. Each encounter is 5 minutes, with 2 minutes prep. 4 encounters, so you're done in a bit less than 30 minutes. No written part or anything. The vibe is pretty laid back honestly. Of course, I'm responding late... Any of y'all already had your interview?


My interview's march 2nd- I'll be staying that night too since it'll be cheaper to fly back saturday; any thoughts on places to nom/visit?
 
To anyone who are still waiting on interview invites, CALL THEM. Their last interview date is next week and their e-mail system has been going wack and some people, like me, didn't receive their interview invites because the system never sent them out. I just did mine yesterday and I think it went well 🙂 goodluck to everyone!
 
They'll post it on their facebook page when they're sending out the e-mails! but the last interview date was last friday so hopefully this week or next week 😀
 
They didn't have Visagescroll notifications in my day. Yes, last year.

I remember them saying letters would be going out "this week". So of course when I come home and find a letter from UAMS in my mailbox I freak out.

Turns out it was simply a confirmation that they had received my financial aid application.

Trolled hard.



Hope you all get the answer you want. Also, it's a thin envelope - don't panic.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted too. I think I'm going to create a facebook group for our class. good idea?