Army Baylor DPT 2026-2027

Started by Crust80
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Houston, TX Army-Baylor University IS tuitionIS $2,000 OOS tuitionOOS $2,000 ARMBU-DPT Details Interview Feedback

Crust80

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am applying this cycle I just wanted to see how competitive I may be and see how the process went for previous applicants.

- 3.69 GPA
- Prereq GPA is ~3.55
- GRE 304 (150V/154Q/4 W) 🙁
- 298 Observation hours (varying in civilian outpatient/inpatient/acute, 40 Army Outpatient hours, 12 Naval Outpatient hours)
- Worked 4 months as a rehab aid
- University Mascot
- Leadership role as head undergrad position for intramural program
- Work at GHSA as an official
- Small business Owner for landscaping company
- 4 Letters of recommendation (Two from PTs one that has 25 years active-duty service, special forces experience, 10 years as Army PT)
- Long family military history in both Army and Navy (Wrote about this in my essay as my dad is at 22.5 years of naval service and I grew up in military life)

Overall, just looking to see what other applicants have, I know my GPA is 0.11 below average accepted, and GRE barely makes the cut so I am curious as to how much my observation, recommendation letters, and extracurriculars can save me?
Thanks!
 
Hello! I am applying this cycle I just wanted to see how competitive I may be and see how the process went for previous applicants.

- 3.69 GPA
- Prereq GPA is ~3.55
- GRE 304 (150V/154Q/4 W) 🙁
- 298 Observation hours (varying in civilian outpatient/inpatient/acute, 40 Army Outpatient hours, 12 Naval Outpatient hours)
- Worked 4 months as a rehab aid
- University Mascot
- Leadership role as head undergrad position for intramural program
- Work at GHSA as an official
- Small business Owner for landscaping company
- 4 Letters of recommendation (Two from PTs one that has 25 years active-duty service, special forces experience, 10 years as Army PT)
- Long family military history in both Army and Navy (Wrote about this in my essay as my dad is at 22.5 years of naval service and I grew up in military life)

Overall, just looking to see what other applicants have, I know my GPA is 0.11 below average accepted, and GRE barely makes the cut so I am curious as to how much my observation, recommendation letters, and extracurriculars can save me?
Thanks!
Hey there! I’m a second-time applicant. Last year my GRE was below the requirement but I still applied to see what would happen and to get feedback for a stronger package this year. They do take a holistic approach when looking at applicants. You sound well rounded. Are you going for an Army seat? Hope you get an interview! I’m active duty Air Force so I’m competing for one of the four AF slots. Best of luck to you 🙏🏼
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am applying this cycle I just wanted to see how competitive I may be and see how the process went for previous applicants.

- 3.69 GPA
- Prereq GPA is ~3.55
- GRE 304 (150V/154Q/4 W) 🙁
- 298 Observation hours (varying in civilian outpatient/inpatient/acute, 40 Army Outpatient hours, 12 Naval Outpatient hours)
- Worked 4 months as a rehab aid
- University Mascot
- Leadership role as head undergrad position for intramural program
- Work at GHSA as an official
- Small business Owner for landscaping company
- 4 Letters of recommendation (Two from PTs one that has 25 years active-duty service, special forces experience, 10 years as Army PT)
- Long family military history in both Army and Navy (Wrote about this in my essay as my dad is at 22.5 years of naval service and I grew up in military life)

Overall, just looking to see what other applicants have, I know my GPA is 0.11 below average accepted, and GRE barely makes the cut so I am curious as to how much my observation, recommendation letters, and extracurriculars can save me?
Thanks!
Hey 👋 @Crust80.
Second time applicant here on the Air Force side. I agree with @nickstick . You've got some well-rounded experience here. Hopefully your package shows that to the board. Good luck!