Army BOLC Question/Dilemma

Started by ROTC Cadet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ROTC Cadet

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In December I received the 4-year Army HPSP scholarship. However, because I'm in ROTC, I can't commission immediately like most people, I have to wait until I graduate and fulfill my ROTC obligations. In addition, because I can't commission until 25 May, I'm not allowed to apply for BOLC yet.

My question is, will I still be able to do BOLC this summer even if I have to wait until 25 May to apply through MODS?

Any insight or a point in the right directions would be greatly appreciated.
 
I was given strict deadlines that we had to apply and submit our modules by April 1 or May 1 to possibly attend one of the classes either june or july.
 
In December I received the 4-year Army HPSP scholarship. However, because I'm in ROTC, I can't commission immediately like most people, I have to wait until I graduate and fulfill my ROTC obligations. In addition, because I can't commission until 25 May, I'm not allowed to apply for BOLC yet.

My question is, will I still be able to do BOLC this summer even if I have to wait until 25 May to apply through MODS?

Any insight or a point in the right directions would be greatly appreciated.

At this late stage, I won't offer you any hope. While the HPSP office might be willing to grant an exception to the application deadline, there are just too many other things standing in your way - including a release from ROTC (that can take months) and a Secret Clearance, again, months...

At this point, it may be better to try an work with your school in order to try to get a schedule that will allow for this sometime in the future.
 
At this late stage, I won't offer you any hope. While the HPSP office might be willing to grant an exception to the application deadline, there are just too many other things standing in your way - including a release from ROTC (that can take months) and a Secret Clearance, again, months...

At this point, it may be better to try an work with your school in order to try to get a schedule that will allow for this sometime in the future.

Thanks!

I'll talk to my recruiter. I'm pretty sure I already have the clearance, but I'm not sure.