Army BOLC Question/Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROTC Cadet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In December I received the 4-year Army HPSP scholarship. However, because I'm in ROTC, I can't commission immediately like most people, I have to wait until I graduate and fulfill my ROTC obligations. In addition, because I can't commission until 25 May, I'm not allowed to apply for BOLC yet.

My question is, will I still be able to do BOLC this summer even if I have to wait until 25 May to apply through MODS?

Any insight or a point in the right directions would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I was given strict deadlines that we had to apply and submit our modules by April 1 or May 1 to possibly attend one of the classes either june or july.

In December I received the 4-year Army HPSP scholarship. However, because I'm in ROTC, I can't commission immediately like most people, I have to wait until I graduate and fulfill my ROTC obligations. In addition, because I can't commission until 25 May, I'm not allowed to apply for BOLC yet.

My question is, will I still be able to do BOLC this summer even if I have to wait until 25 May to apply through MODS?

Any insight or a point in the right directions would be greatly appreciated.

At this late stage, I won't offer you any hope. While the HPSP office might be willing to grant an exception to the application deadline, there are just too many other things standing in your way - including a release from ROTC (that can take months) and a Secret Clearance, again, months...

At this point, it may be better to try an work with your school in order to try to get a schedule that will allow for this sometime in the future.

At this late stage, I won't offer you any hope. While the HPSP office might be willing to grant an exception to the application deadline, there are just too many other things standing in your way - including a release from ROTC (that can take months) and a Secret Clearance, again, months...

At this point, it may be better to try an work with your school in order to try to get a schedule that will allow for this sometime in the future.

Thanks!

I'll talk to my recruiter. I'm pretty sure I already have the clearance, but I'm not sure.