• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

army dental corps?

kimsaekyu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
    tle35 said:
    Hey guys,
    Do any of you here apply for the scholarship program from army dental corps?

I went to Army Health Office in NC and interviewed with a sergeant.
    He told me there are only 38 people can get full-scholarship.(pretty competitive :eek: ) natiaon-widely.
    If you have 3.5 above gpa, 20+ DAT and passing physical exam, you are automatically eligible to get 4year full scholarship.

My phycial exam date has been scheduled on Dec 6 at 5.30 a.m ( :eek: )

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 15, 2003
    Indianapolis
    1. Attending Physician
    2. Dentist
      kimsaekyu said:
      He told me there are only 38 people can get full-scholarship.(pretty competitive :eek: ) natiaon-widely.
      If you have 3.5 above gpa, 20+ DAT and passing physical exam, you are automatically eligible to get 4year full scholarship.

Welcome to the Army. ;) Uncle Sam does everything inhumanely early in the morning.

About the Ads

superman

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Sep 21, 2003
      1. Dentist
        kimsaekyu said:

only 38? more than that, i'd say. did you mean to type 138? 238?

superman

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 21, 2003
        1. Dentist
          kimsaekyu said:

i would get to MEPS before 5:30... more like 5:00 am.
          it'll be a loooong day with a lot of waiting. g'luck.

blankguy

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Aug 11, 2003
          1. Dental Student
            What type of financial assistance does the army offer if you don't get the 4 year scholarship? Their web site states they pay something like $27,900 each year for 3 yrs of your loans if you join for 3 or more years.

I would imagine that the military may have to boost enticements to sign up with them since with all the things going on with the military it has become riskier and people might not be as willing to join as a result of that.

dentalguy

10+ Year Member
            Oct 18, 2004
            1. Pre-Dental
              blankguy said:
              What type of financial assistance does the army offer if you don't get the 4 year scholarship? Their web site states they pay something like $27,900 each year for 3 yrs of your loans if you join for 3 or more years.

I would imagine that the military may have to boost enticements to sign up with them since with all the things going on with the military it has become riskier and people might not be as willing to join as a result of that.

From my experience ( last year I applied to the army and navy and this year I'm applying to the navy and airforce)

As long as you have an acceptance letter and pass the physical you are in....the navy is slightly more competitive and the air force is the most selective.....mainly because of size.....army is desparate for anyone right now due to the circumstances but all things considered, it is a great deal

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.