Army Duty locations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Enamelexpert96

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone I am a rising D3 (class 2025) and wanted to learn more about duty locations, odds of getting a certain base and deployments. I looked into previous post but wanted to see if anyone has updated info. Specifically, I heard we are sent a list of possible locations D4 year? Does anyone have a list like that so I can get a sense of locations even though they might change by the time I need to pick. Also, what are the odds someone right out of school gets OCONUS (Europe/Korea)? I am very interested in the 1-year AEGD and possibly being in Europe but not sure if selection is completely random or I will have some say in location. Another thing I am interested in would be deployments instead of living outside the US for 4 years But not sure how deployments work. Thanks for any info