Army HPSP Desperate For Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that I was dropped from the rolls of my medical school for academic reasons. I might be able to repeat the year but I don't know what to expect with my HPSP scholarship. I read in the handbook that I am supposed to be dropped from the HPSP program. Any advice in handling this would be appreciated?

Members don't see this ad.

Shero said:
I just found out that I was dropped from the rolls of my medical school for academic reasons. I might be able to repeat the year but I don't know what to expect with my HPSP scholarship. I read in the handbook that I am supposed to be dropped from the HPSP program. Any advice in handling this would be appreciated?

Depends, if you are allowed to repeat the year they will often just put your scholarship on hold and you have to pay for that year on your own. Then your scholarship goes back into effect. At least that is how I have seen it done. If on the other hand you are not allowed to repeat the year you will be dropped. Also if your grades are bad enough or if they have a lot of good applicants this year they may just drop you anyways.