Army HPSP Orders?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shanemack06

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a 4th year dental student Army HPSP.

Any idea when orders get sent out for first duty station location and how often people get their desired location? (I dont plan on doing residency)

I am prior service Navy and we would typically hear 9mos out but I'm assuming its less than that for the Army.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got mine literally 1 month before BOLC date... but that's many years ago. I would hit up the HPSP POC sometime in March/April for RFO if no one can give an insight here.

For duty location.. it's a crap shoot. If you desire to go to a highly sought after location, you ain't going there - such as Italy, Belvoir, Monterey Bay, etc. Most likely you'll end up at a basic training or AIT base. I've seen some people get Germany straight out of school but it's rare.

Reactions: 1 user
I got mine literally 1 month before BOLC date... but that's many years ago. I would hit up the HPSP POC sometime in March/April for RFO if no one can give an insight here.

For duty location.. it's a crap shoot. If you desire to go to a highly sought after location, you ain't going there - such as Italy, Belvoir, Monterey Bay, etc. Most likely you'll end up at a basic training or AIT base. I've seen some people get Germany straight out of school but it's rare.
Hey thanks. Yea I have zero desire to go overseas. Been there done that haha I'm shooting for something in the SE. Another question, were you required to apply for the 1 year AEGD? If so, who is the POC for that because the current residency application I sent was to the GDE, and apparently they manage all residencies EXCEPT the 1-year AEGD.

My package is complete, I just need to know who to send it to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks. Yea I have zero desire to go overseas. Been there done that haha I'm shooting for something in the SE. Another question, were you required to apply for the 1 year AEGD? If so, who is the POC for that because the current residency application I sent was to the GDE, and apparently they manage all residencies EXCEPT the 1-year AEGD.

Do not submit the application to unless you are wanting to apply for a specialty program. They will contact you for the 1 year when they open the applications. All HPSP students are required to apply for the 1 year AEGD.

If you're in the Army, you have to apply for AEGD, unless things have changes. You can always turn down AEGD if you get in. If you get into a GDE spot (assuming you applied to a specialty program), then you'll have to turn down an AEGD spot. Idk who the poc is... ask your hpsp POC

My recruiter did mine, he reached out to me.