Army Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimsaekyu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a phone call from Army and talked about Army scholarship....etc..
Question? How can they have my phone number.... and how do they know i am going to apply for dental school....??

Members don't see this ad.

not sure if this did it, but i think when i registered for the DAT they asked if i was interested in military scholarships... i specifically said no just cuz i had a feeling i would be harassed

Members don't see this ad :)
KxM99...We Want You!

~Uncle Sam

But once you are in dental school you will get quite a few free lunches out of the military. If you stick out the talk you might even get a keychain.

kimsaekyu said:
I got a phone call from Army and talked about Army scholarship....etc..
Question? How can they have my phone number.... and how do they know i am going to apply for dental school....??

In order to receive federal financial aid, universities must allow the military to try and recruit from the student body. Once the school has your application, they may have been required to give the infromation over to the military. I don't know if this is the case, but I was inundated with recruitment paperwork from the Navy once was accepted. I guess that is how they got our infromation. The military is not for me, but they may be a good option if finances are big concern. I can almost guarantee that they will be holding free "Lunch and Learn" sessions once you get to school, it is a good idea to at least listen to what they have to say.

edkNARF said:
In order to receive federal financial aid, universities must allow the military to try and recruit from the student body. Once the school has your application, they may have been required to give the infromation over to the military. I don't know if this is the case, but I was inundated with recruitment paperwork from the Navy once was accepted. I guess that is how they got our infromation. The military is not for me, but they may be a good option if finances are big concern. I can almost guarantee that they will be holding free "Lunch and Learn" sessions once you get to school, it is a good idea to at least listen to what they have to say.

yeah i think the FAFSA form asked a question about info on the armed services.