1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Army Scholarship

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by kimsaekyu, Nov 15, 2005.

1. kimsaekyu

kimsaekyu Member
    7+ Year Member

I got a phone call from Army and talked about Army scholarship....etc..
    Question? How can they have my phone number.... and how do they know i am going to apply for dental school....??

2. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    theyre the government and they know everything. consider yourself drafted. good luck.

3. darius99

darius99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    not sure if this did it, but i think when i registered for the DAT they asked if i was interested in military scholarships... i specifically said no just cuz i had a feeling i would be harassed

4. bkwash

bkwash Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    KxM99...We Want You!

~Uncle Sam

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TucsonDDS

TucsonDDS Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

But once you are in dental school you will get quite a few free lunches out of the military. If you stick out the talk you might even get a keychain.

6. edkNARF

edkNARF A is A
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    In order to receive federal financial aid, universities must allow the military to try and recruit from the student body. Once the school has your application, they may have been required to give the infromation over to the military. I don't know if this is the case, but I was inundated with recruitment paperwork from the Navy once was accepted. I guess that is how they got our infromation. The military is not for me, but they may be a good option if finances are big concern. I can almost guarantee that they will be holding free "Lunch and Learn" sessions once you get to school, it is a good idea to at least listen to what they have to say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. darius99

darius99 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    damn you big brother!! :scared:

8. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    yeah i think the FAFSA form asked a question about info on the armed services.