Arrest record

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamstobe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here that is enrolled in pharmacy school have an arrest record? I know it's not something everyone is dying to admit, but do you know of any of your classmates having any arrests?

I was accepted to pharmacy school this year and will be undergoing a criminal background check. I was arrested 7 years ago (I was over 18) for marijuana, my fingerprints and mugshot were taken, but the charges were later dismissed (I never even had a court date set). Is this something that will keep me from going to pharmacy school? Does anyone know if the school would even find out about it since there was no conviction or even court record?

I also posted this on the pre-pharm forum, but thought that someone already in school might know more about it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

had you been convicted you would definitely not be able to pursue a career in pharmacy as all those convicted of any drug related charges cannot become a pharmacist. however, since you were not convicted you should be fine, as essentially that means it never happened. someone correct me if im wrong.

The only way that this would prevent you from attending pharmacy school is if it interferes with your state's protocol for pharmacy licensures. Depending upon your state, if the charges were dismissed then you regain your civil liberties, which you're not required to divulge that you've committed a crime. In Georgia, this does not apply to state license applications and you're required to divulge any type of criminal infraction. I've actually spoke to an attorney on the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy, and she informed me that there are no legalities with divulging sealed information to schools, but the said information IS required for license applications. I would call your state Board of Pharmacy to get concrete information. Trust me, they won't remember your name or notify your school about the conversation; just give 'em a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
had you been convicted you would definitely not be able to pursue a career in pharmacy as all those convicted of any drug related charges cannot become a pharmacist. however, since you were not convicted you should be fine, as essentially that means it never happened. someone correct me if im wrong.

Not entirely true. You can get it expunged. A brother of a friend of mine was convicted of selling coke, spent a year in the slammer, and wound of getting it expunged and made his way through pharmschool in TX.

Not entirely true. You can get it expunged. A brother of a friend of mine was convicted of selling coke, spent a year in the slammer, and wound of getting it expunged and made his way through pharmschool in TX.

Holy ****, that sounds horrible. Not even weed or ex, but coke? Guess he really did have a passion for drugs.