Arrowhead Regional (open EM spots?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quimby2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where is the web site for Arrowhead Regional Med Center's EM residency?

Currently a DO first-year resident at an MD 1-3 EM program looking for an open spot in So. Cal (not so happy with the state of things here at my current program). Anyone know additional info on Arrowhead? Odds of transferring in from an MD program as a second year?

Anyone chummy with the PD at Arrowhead? Know of any openings at UCI (lol)???

Thanks a bunch for the info!!! If anyone has any questions concernig my current, unamed, troubled So. Cal program, feel free to post and I'll see if I can help.

Members don't see this ad.

Quimby2 said:
Where is the web site for Arrowhead Regional Med Center's EM residency?

Currently a DO first-year resident at an MD 1-3 EM program looking for an open spot in So. Cal (not so happy with the state of things here at my current program). Anyone know additional info on Arrowhead? Odds of transferring in from an MD program as a second year?

Anyone chummy with the PD at Arrowhead? Know of any openings at UCI (lol)???

Thanks a bunch for the info!!! If anyone has any questions concernig my current, unamed, troubled So. Cal program, feel free to post and I'll see if I can help.

Didn't know they had an EM residency? :confused:

spyderdoc said:
Didn't know they had an EM residency? :confused:
I don't think they do. They have a FM residency though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. Maybe they don't have their own website though?

Hey all, yeah Arrowhead just started a residency this year and a friend of mine from class matched there with a linked intern/EM. No website yet. I never rotated at Arrowhead but because of school affiliation (COMP), I figured I'd pass along what I know. I don't have the PD's email address anymore but I emailed him a long time ago. His name is Dr. Minahan. I suggest calling the hospital and asking for med. ed. and taking it from there. Good luck.

You can email Tom Minahan, the director of Arrowhead EM at:

[email protected]

As I had said in the other thread, he is a nice guy and will probably be straight up with you about what you need to do.