Art major going into Physical Therapy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Myze

One day at a time...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what your major is! As long as you do well in the pre-reqs and get the required observation hours, good GRE score, etc, you will be in the running like everyone else. If anything, it'd help you stand out because you're unique!

BTW, we were just discussing the MBTI personality types in my Psychosocial class today. I'm an ISFP! lol

I did the MBTI test online tonight (it was in Blackboard so I figured I should do it?)...I'm an INFJ...apparently only 1% of the population is, and I should be a counselor. haha.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Now you know what your true calling is! Ha ha, j/k.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really doesn't matter what your major is, so long as you complete what's required of the certain PT schools you are looking at and can demonstrate knowledge of the profession.

We have a theater student in our class :) Her advisor told her she would never get an interview...but she flew right through everything!

Yea, I have a dance degree, tech theater minor. Although taught Pilates for the next 6 years.

Psychosocial class - I'm really liking it. We have speakers for every class who talk about their disability. We ask them anything we want and they are very candid. So super easy and relaxed compared to anatomy... whew, my brain is TIRED!

To Myze,

I was on the train the other day and I noticed Art Therapist on a passengers name tag. Perhaps, you might want to look into "art therapy" as well. Although, I am not familiar with this field and it's demand. Best of luck.

If it's something you are interested in, then go for it! Make sure you do some shadowing preferably before you start on the pre-reqs just to make sure you want to commit yourself to the extra classes. that's what I did and my bachelor's is early childhood/elementary education. I got an interview to one program and haven't heard anything from the 2 other schools I applied to. :)