Article in Drug Topics-From Former Dean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknight007

Reaction score
Opinion: There are Too Many Colleges of Pharmacy

Can anyone find this article and post?

Members don't see this ad.

Researchers at the Student Doctor PharmD Forum first suspected this in 2008. Just look at how advanced we are on here.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually read the article.

So why do AACP and colleges of pharmacy ignore and refuse to consider these issues? Are we too timid? Are the issues too sensitive? Might some in the academy be offended? Rather than speculate on the reasons for the current silence, I will make a recommendation. AACP, as well as other national pharmacy associations such as APhA, ASHP, NCPA, the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, and the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy should include presentations and discussions on these issues as a featured topic in their next annual meetings.

Gee I wonder why the schools are slow to come to the conclusion that there are too many schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually read the article.

Gee I wonder why the schools are slow to come to the conclusion that there are too many schools.
Yeah... that is like thinking that Trump will make an announcement one day that he might be the problem with our our foreign policy, or that he is unfit to be the POTUS.

Dr Hussar who wrote this article was a former Dean at the oldest pharmacy school USP and also awarded pharmacy profession's highest honor Remington medal. He is the editor of the Pharmacist Activist online which is free.